Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dandelion Dreams

The other day I was walking around the block with my two youngest. My 3 (almost 4!) year old was falling behind, easily distracted by his surroundings. I was about to tell him to hurry up, when I heard his little voice from behind me say, "chocolate cake everyday." I turned around just in time to see him blow a stem of dandelion seeds into the wind.

He continued stopping, picking and blowing his wishes into the wind the rest of the way home. Very entertaining. I don't remember ever enjoying a walk around the block so much.


When he wasn't making making wishes of his own, he was bringing stems to me. I would tell you what I was thinking of when I was sending my wishes up into the wild blue, but that might jinx me forever.

But now would be a good time to share a few items of interest I found on the MLS this week...



Anyway, today the little guy brought me an overflowing handful of dandelions. Instead of tossing them in the trash when he wasn't looking, I found a jar and set them out. To me they are no longer just pesky weeds. They are conduits through which dreams are set free. Even dreams of chocolate (or green acres).

Just don't want them set free all over the lawn.

1 comment:

Lindell said...

hey, our kids go to the same florist. I just posted this :)