Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Come on baby light my fire...

The Prairiefire Crabapples are in bloom. I'm sure I took way too many pictures, but I just can't help myself.

We have a couple of these trees in our backyard and I seriously LOVE them. Looking out the window and seeing them in full bloom has made my week! I can't tell you how many times I have gone outside just to admire them. And smell them. They smell really good.

Our trees are still small, but what they lack in height, they seem to make up in denseness. My little shadow is almost hidden in the below image...



There were a few low hanging branches that needed to be trimmed, so I was able to bring a bunch of blooming beauties inside. Now my house smells yummy too. The Bechtel Crabapples are next.

* You might have to bear with me for a bit, I am sure there will be more gardening posts to come. When I get spring fever it's the "flora on the brain" strain, and this year I seem to have it bad.

2 comments:

Des said...

i painted an aqua chair so i could be like you!! but i haven't taken pictures yet....because alas, i would have to go outside and plant something to make it pretty.

maybe for mother's day something pretty will just appear on the porch.

Ferrill said...

I LOVE crabapple trees! I have five of them, three of them being those gorgeous prairiefires! Can't wait to see your Bechtels! So now, not only do I love your indoor decor, but I'm pretty sure I love your outdoor "decor" too.