Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Isn't she lovely...



Today was a day of wet and grey perfection. Rain. Wonderful spring rain. The kind of rain that harbors the magical powers of awakening. While at my in-laws today, I ventured out back for a brief moment during a break in the clouds only to be greeted by the beauty of my favorite flowering fruit tree, the nectarine, in full glory. It was just so pretty I ran to get my simple little camera (the fancy model is still on my wish list). The top picture with grey clouds in the background is my favorite.
And although we only live about 10 minutes from my in-laws (my parents as well), our nectarine tree (below, also taken today) is sadly behind the times. Why is it that the trees and bushes in older parts of town bloom sooner than their more juvenile counterparts? Is a matter of age or geography? Any horticulturists out there want to venture a guess?

Anyway... It's spring, and I'm loving it! Can't wait for the crab-apples to bloom.

4 comments:

Beth at Aunties said...

These are simply glorious!!!! So pretty!

Amanda said...

Great pictures! I can't wait for spring either! Hope you don't mind, but I added your blog to my blog roll! Love this blog! You are so talented and creative--love all of your ideas!

Beth at Aunties said...

Ali was so thrilled by the nectarine tree. That was her favorite picture on her birthday post!

My Cozy Cubby said...

Can't wait for the prairie fire crabapples either!