Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend Wall Art

Part of my Labor Day weekend was spent laboring on a little project. Actually this one was pretty simple - no intensive labor required. One of my favorite fabric designers is Heather Bailey. In fact, some of her fabric has been the inspiration for our craft room. Recently I discovered a few of her fabric designs are also being printed on scrapbook paper and available at her online store. I bought the Freshcut paper pack, and it's stunning! Such pretty paper, just like her fabric. So pretty, I thought up a little project that would allow me to admire the lovely designs all the time.
I had a rather homely collection of picture frames from Dollar Tree…some new, some I’ve been hanging on to for a while, and all affordable (can’t beat $1.00). I spray painted all of the frames that weren’t already a shade of green to begin with, Apple Green (same color as the dresser posted below).

I then cut out the paper, as well as a few favorite fabrics to fit the frames. I left the glass out of the frames so glare wouldn't get in the way.
After playing around with the arrangement on the floor for a while, this is how it turned out...


It's kind of colorful - sure made that empty wall come alive! Not exactly a look I would use in the living room, but for the craft room, where paper & fabric are the main attraction, it works. The best part is I can keep on adding to the collection whenever I am inspired by something new. I also finally finished the chairs, thanks to our fun neighbors who were kind enough to share their staple gun. The fabric I ended up choosing for them is part of my little wall collage. I'll share pics when I get around to cleaning up the debris.

7 comments:

Carry Grace said...

I love this project, and the green is perfect!

Mrs. B said...

I love it! Wonderful mix of color and pattern! I think I want to come live in your craftroom!

Anonymous said...

Fun and bright wall. Your room will be a wonderful room to create lovely things. It is even better in person...
Mom

em's scrapbag said...

What a fabulously fun idea!

Eileen said...

This looks so pretty! You will definitely have to come back and show us stuff like this during your "break" :-D

Traci said...

I love this idea. I'm stealing it. I think I love it because there's always paper that I love so much that I don't want to cover it up with pictures by scrapping with it, lol.

You've solved my neurotic problem..

Des said...

I love it!! I'm thinking it could just be perfect FOR my living room. :) I have a big yellow wall just begging for something. Good luck on coming off of the 'blogging high' that is so addictive. :) You can do it! I can do it!! What am i doing here? bye.