Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing


We have a few Cosmos in our yard.
A few too many.


I let them grow, because they are beautiful.
And lovely things usually get their way.
But enough is enough.
I know what spring will bring if I let all of those abundant seeds hit the dirt.



Our green recycle bin will be filled to the brim for the next few weeks, but I am a girl on a mission.


And, I am trying to psych myself up for something big. Queen sized.
  Because I have too many stacks of the following cluttering up my sewing room.

Again, too much of a good thing.
If I can reclaim my flower beds, I can reclaim my sewing room.

5 comments:

Des said...

I totally want that first picture printed on material!! It reminded me of a wonderful vintage sheet. No kidding, I was just downstairs bemoaning my sheet mountain this morning!!

Let me know how the reclaiming goes.....

onlymehere said...

Those are beautiful flowers. Are they wild flowers? How fun to to be making some new quilts! Right now I'm make a picnic quilt with my daughter that has to be done Thursday morning. Nothing like pressure, right?!

Unknown said...

I don't one could ever have too many cosmos or too much fabric!!! Those are some beautiful pictures!I think you should send them into a gardening magazine!

Unknown said...

Haha That's suppose to say I don't think one could have too many.....

Hideaway Girl said...

They are domesticated wildflowers - people plant them in their yards, but they are copious reseeders - Beware! :)