Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

On the Go Organization

I've been sewing pockets...so many I am going cross eyed, but I have a good reason:  organization.  I need some.  We have places to go and a whole lot of stuff to keep track of. 

First up, I made four new back of the car seat organizers.  I made some a couple of years ago and we used them so much they wore out.  The new versions have more pockets, some with pleats and elastic.  The idea orginally came from here, but I have made some modifications.



We needed more storage on our umbrella stroller.  It has a basket underneath,but it is really small. I went digging through my fabric and made this big stroller tote.  It really is BIG. 


I added ties to the bottom to help secure it to the stroller:


Lastly, I made a new tote bag for me.  Something to put all my books and goodies in (because I don't have access to my own, personal, back of the seat organizer).  I picked up this fabric a few weeks ago at JoAnn's when I went to scope out the new Denyse Schmidt fabrics.  It's tree hugger fabric - I heart trees.  I was going to have it finished in time for Earth Day, but you know how that goes. I referenced this great tutorial, but
made some modifications to size (mine is 2 inches longer), as well as added additional storage options.


Big stretchy pocket on back (or front...haven't decided which is which):
 And more inside:

We have been experiencing such perfect weather, it has been hard to stay inside and finish up these projects. 



 It certainly feels like spring in the valley, but the surrounding mountains are still dressed for winter. I don't mind the white stuff so much when it's warm enough to wear shorts and flip-flops.


“Sweet May hath come to love us, Flowers, trees, their blossoms don; And through the blue heavens above us The very clouds move on.”

~ Heinrich Heine

4 comments:

Kati said...

I love all those bags and pockets. I need to do the same thing.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You are my organizational hero!!!!
I love the colors too.

OK, my verification word "cracked" me up:
cracker

onlymehere said...

Very creative to fit it to your needs. I'm loving the organization too.

Trina said...

I love those bags. Wishin' I had a working machine- I need one for the back of a wheel chair. I always love the materials and colors you choose.