Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Rosy Day

I have vintage linen on my brain. I’ve seen a few gorgeous quilts of late made from vintage sheets and I just want to make one. It’s like an itch that just won’t go away. So today I started cutting squares…
This one will be a vintage ROSE quilt. I have been hoarding a pair of pink rose pillowcases that I inherited from my paternal grandmother. And this week my mom gave me a yellow rose pillowcase that belonged to her mom (my maternal grandmother). The others (blue & multi) are a couple of rose sheets I found at the thrift store recently.
I still want to do another vintage sheet quilt that is brighter and more random. Here are a few sheets I have found this week for that one . . .
Found the above two in my mom's linen closet. My mother in-law is going to see what she can find.
This one I found at a thrift store yesterday. I LOVE the orange!
Another thrifted beauty - so bright & colorful.

I also found a whole slew of nearly new goods from the Simply Shabby line by Rachel Ashwell. Maybe after I get the vintage sheets out of my system, I'll make a Simply Shabby quilt.

4 comments:

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Those sheets are amazing! so inspiring.

Des said...

okay, i think we need to work out a little exchange-y poo. and that is MY blue shabby chic duvet cover!!

can't wait to see what you do!!

Beth at Aunties said...

Yes, You did almost clean me out... of my vintage pyrex and sheets.
I am thankful for the space you left in the closet!!!
The yellow pillow cases belonged to Grandma Ricks befor they were moms!

xoxoxxo

Ferrill said...

It will be so fun to see the finished quilt(s)! I keep going back and looking at your craft room. I want to live in there! I love all your furniture updates!