Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Sewing with Scraps

I love Etsy.
I recently purchased a bag of fabric scraps for $9.99 and this is what I came in the package:


All of those fabrics on the right were at least a 1/4 of a yard, some of them even a 1/2! 


I made a top for my oldest daughter and still had some of the daisy chain print to spare. 



I was digging around in my sewing room and found some fabric I purchased a while back from Quilt Taffy. ( I think it's from the Seaside Rose collection). 

I made a skirt for my youngest daughter with the charm squares.


And this coordinating top with the yardage. Such pretty fabric. 



I've been wanting to try a simple pillowcase type dress pattern for a while (google pillowcase dress tutorial and you'll find a bunch).  This one was for my youngest (2 years old) so I scaled it down quite a bit. I used a 1/2 yard of  2 dollar fabric from WalMart and lavender fabric from my scrap drawer for the trim.  So this dress ended up costing a dollar.  


It was super easy and I love the way it fits.
Now if it would just warm up so my little ladies could wear their new summery garb.

While I'm on the subject of bargain fabrics, I've added some new vintage sheets to my collection.

  
I found the two on the left (pink and yellow) brand new in original packages at the thrift store. 
Oh, happy day!

4 comments:

Des said...

well you're burning up the sewing machine!!

i think tomorrow i shall take a look at my sheets. i've been avoiding them. not sure what to work on next.

great sewing projects. trying to find simple things for my RS peeps. pillowcase dress would be perfect!

Brenda said...

Beautiful Fabrics! What a great deal! I love the skirts!

Have a great week!
Love, Brenda

Beth at Aunties said...

Darling! I am taking a picture of Livie in her new blouse this morning. SO cute....~♥

Evelyn said...

Those dresses are so cute! And I love those sheets you found - great scores!